London firefighters and a local natural gas supplier responded quickly to resolve a leak in the north end of the city on Thursday.
Around noon, a contractor was working at a home near Hastings Drive and Virginia Road when a natural gas line was struck by one of their tools, said District Chief Hewetson from the London Fire Department.
Although the gas readings were relatively low, the residence and the houses on either side of it were evacuated as a precautionary measure.
Enbridge had already made their way to the home by the time firefighters arrived, according to Hewetson.
With all hands on deck, the leak was capped shortly afterward and residents were allowed back into their homes.
Luckily, the incident resulted in no injuries and no other lines in the city were affected.